Powered by Blogger.

Rhubarb Soft Drink Recipe

This is a simple Swedish recipe that I like very much. You can skip the lemon part if you want but for me, I prefer the lemon taste in that which takes away some of the bitterness in the rhubarb. This recipe makes 2 liters of intense soft drink which you can add cold water to for serving depends on your favorite taste of sweetness and intensity city. I do not like sweet drinks so I add lots of water to my glass. I hope you enjoy this spring weekend inspiration! 



You will need: 

2 kg of rhubarb
1 1/2 liter of water
juice or 1 lemon
1 kg of powdered sugar

Method 

Clean the rhubarb and cut it into pieces. Boil in water add the rhubarb and cook until is gets completely soft.

Pour through a silk cloth or thin filter to get read of the rhubarb pieces, and then allow to cool for 30 minutes.

Clean the pot and pour the juice back. Add the sugar, and lemon juice. Boil under constant foaming and until the juice is completely clear.

Pour into well-cleaned bottles.

Close the bottles and keep cool.


post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?