Powered by Blogger.

Taco Casserole Recipe

Social media followers has been requesting this recipe and I promised I will share it as soon I have time. This is a very easy flexible recipe you can get creative with. I usually follow my taste and family perforation. I make my own pie dough because I like it a bit thicker. I also cook my bell pepper with the ground beef because I don't like it raw that much.  Sometimes I add sour cream sometimes not, the same for jalapeno and corn...

The basis of this recipe is the mexican spice mix, sauce, ground beef and the cheese.. the rest you can add or remove whatever you usually like in your tacos. Enjoy! 




Ingredients 

1 ready pie dough or homemade
450 g = 1 pound ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
2 1/2 cups coarsely broken tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheese 
1 can mexican taco tomato sauce ( choose your own level of spice ) 

Salad
1/2 medium bell pepper, chopped 
1 medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium cucumber 


Method 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Lay the dough flat on the bottom of a square cake pan and bake according to package directions.
Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the taco seasoning, tomato sauce and stir together well. When dough is done, remove from oven and place meat mixture on top, then layer and cheese, and then top off with the crushed nacho chips.
Return to oven and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10 minutes, or until cheese has melted.

Make a mixed salad from the cucumber tomato, onion, bell pepper and top the casserole with when ready to serve.  
post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?