Powered by Blogger.

Swedish Love Letters ( Rullrån ) Recipe

Hello buddies! here is the recipe I've been asked to post when I shared a photo on instagram. I learned this recipe from my mother in law when I first moved here with my hubby few years ago. I try to make these lovely rolls every now and then.. especially during holiday seasons. I even sold lots during the Christmas market participation on 2012 and 2016. I sold a total of  60 pieces in each pack. 

I filled these rolls with whip cream, poured dark syrup over them, added some cloud berries and sprinkled powder sugar on top. I would recommend these lovely treats for tea or coffee break. Or even a light dessert after lunch or dinner. Enjoy! 





Ingredients

35 pieces

150 g of butter or margarine
1 egg
1 1/2 dl 130 g of sugar
1 1/2 dl 90 g flour
1 1/2 dl 120 g potato flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla Or 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
1/2 dl 50 ml cream + 1dl  100 ml milk

Tip  add a 1/2 teaspoon cardamom seeds minced for extra flavor.



Method

Melt the butter and let it cool. Stir together eggs and sugar. Mix dry ingredients; wheat flour with potato flour, baking soda and vanilla or vanilla sugar. Add the butter and then cream and milk. Add the cardamom to all ingredients mixture and blend them together very well. 
Heat the mould pan and brush it with a bit of butter.

Put some of the batter in the mould plate and bake for about 2 min if you have two sides mould. If not. turn it and bake for 1 min on each side. Use the same heat as when baking pancakes.

Roll immediately after the baking. Roll them around a stick to get a perfect roll shapes in the same level / size. Let them cool until you are done with all pieces. 

Serve them with your favorite topping / filling. You can choose from whip cream, ice cream, berries, chocolate, nuts, powdered sugar .. ect..


post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?