Powered by Blogger.

Cabbage Lasagna

This is another one of my creative cooking original recipes that I make blending my past experiences in cooking and following my foodie taste.

I made this cabbage casserole in a lasagna like method pouring the mixtures of beef and sauce in layers, together with the half cooked chopped cabbage. In between the grated cheese riches the taste and add a great thickness to the cabbage. 

Ps: It took me a while to find time to write the recipe as my social media followers requested. I will try to  not post food photos earlier than the recipe post to avoid the teasing complains :-P



You will need ..

1 head cabbage 
1 lb ground beef
1 medium onion (cut up) 
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbp cooking oil ( I use Olive Oil )
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 can tomato sauce 
1 tbs tomato paste
3/4 cup grated cheese
1 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
Chopped fresh parsley for garnish 

Method 

Brown ground beef in oil; add onion, garlic,black pepper and salt. Let on a low heat for 5 minutes with stirring.
Slice cabbage to thin lines and bring to boil in a pan until half soften. Filter and put aside.
Add tomato sauce, paste and basil to the ground beef. If the mixture is dry add 1/2 cup water. And cook for 10 minutes with stirring in between.  
In an oven pan ( casserole ) spread beef mixture, cabbage and cheese in layers just like lasagna. The last layer should be covered with cheese only.

Bake at 250° for 45 or until the sauce / water is dry and top is golden. 

Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and parmesan. 

Enjoy! 



post signature

No comments

Search This Blog

Want to support the blog?